Kami,

I wasn't thinking there for a second :)

Matt

Kami Razvan wrote:

Hi Matt:

:) on /pics/

Actually we have had (surprisingly) good results with that.  I just checked
and our weight on this is 10.

Question.. I did not think that the filter weight is cumulative on a single
hit, meaning if I have 10 of the /pics/ in the body of email I do not think
the final weight will be 100.  I thought once a filter is hit it is only
counted once.

Scott... True? False?

As for Spamdomains.. You are right. We have PayPal as:

@paypal.com .paypal.com

But not eBay. eBay is added now..

@ebay.com .ebay.com

Has anyone seen any other variation for eBay?

Regards,
Kami

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthew Bramble Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 6:53 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] This one eBay fraud.. came right through..

Kami,

Your Body URL filter caught "/pics/" in this message (just once though).
Even though that didn't cause it to fail, a site that includes this in each
of their links could easily go over the delete weight on your system as it
stands right now without a MAXSCORE feature.  Just a heads up as this seems
to be a common directory name.

There seems to be some code in there to help it get some credit.  The
offending URL of course is:

cgi5-update[dot]com

Looked it up and also found he has cgi4-update[dot]com freshly registered
through a different registrar than that, but both are less than 3 days old.
I'd say block the URL's, but how long do these things live?

Suggestion...put Ebay in your SPAMDOMAINS file.  Same goes for PayPal and
every other source that might be the target of such fraud or a virus spoof
such as Norton, McAfee and Microsoft.  I don't have all the REVDNS info, but
I'll bet you can find at least some of their mail servers by searching
SenderBase and doing some MX lookups.  This would be a good thing to share,
and you could put it in  separate file and score it higher since most of us
don't have people sending us greeting cards and the like using addresses
from these corporate domains.  ISP's should be scored lower due to such
problems.

There was also an IP in there with a reverse DNS that points to
www.aquirerealty.com which was registered only a month ago from yet another
registrar.:

   Registrant:
   aQuire Realty
   110 Ayala Court
   Los Gatos, CA 95032
   US
   408-358-9138
   Fax:408-358-9138

Domain Name: AQUIREREALTY.COM

   Administrative Contact:
   Priest, Lonnelle [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   110 Ayala Court
   Los Gatos, CA 95032
   US
   408-358-9138
   Fax:408-358-9138

Technical Contact: Priest, Lonnelle [EMAIL PROTECTED] 110 Ayala Court Los Gatos, CA 95032 US 408-358-9138 Fax:408-358-9138

Record last updated 08-22-2003 01:02:57 PM Record expires on 06-18-2005 Record created on 06-18-2003

   Domain servers in listed order:
   NS11A.VERIO-WEB.COM 161.58.148.38
   NS11B.VERIO-WEB.COM 161.58.148.98

I'm guessing that this is fake info, although they have an account with Verio, so there is some financial trail there if anyone wants to try and jail the punk.