Munged twice so far, so I am resending this time without the zip file attachment in the event that there is some sort of restriction on this. The referenced file can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.mailpure.com/software/decludefilters/gibberish/Gibberish_v2-0-0.txt

Matt

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: [Declude.JunkMail] BODY STARTSWITH
Date:   Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:39:22 -0500
From:   Matthew Bramble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Scott,

I've attached a new copy of the GIBBERISH filter that makes use of the END and MAXPOINTS functionality that was discussed previously. Am I correct that these can also be used now with Declude JunkMail Pro v1.76i27? And if so, did I follow the implemented methodology?

Essentially, I'm using the functionality to simplify into one file and save on processing. I tried to order things within the file so that the most common END statements would be hit first, and I scored the Main Filter hits at 1000 so that it would be easy for an administrator to modify the scoring by just adjusting the MAXPOINTS entry. The MAXPOINTS entry should keep the filter from adding points incrementally, and it should end the test after one hit, producing no more score than the MAXPOINTS entry allows. Scoring isn't applied to the filter in the Global.cfg file since it is all handled internal to the filter.

Note to fellow admins: This file also hasn't been tested because I am not yet using the proper release. I'm really just putting it out there to see if Scott can tell me if I got the idea right. I must stress that this is not intended to be used for any versions of Declude JunkMail Pro prior to v1.76i27 because it could result in assessing 1000 or more points without proper software support, and it may have other issues. Please do not put this into a production environment unless you understand what you are doing and are going to monitor it closely.

Matt

--- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]