-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill Landry
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 1:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] Test suggestion & request for comments...

Scott, you have probably seen requests like this before, however, I think
this would be a great way to support most corporate and some ISP e-mail
domains with a negative weight based test:

HELO & RDNS domain match -5
HELO & RDNS & MAILFROM domain match -10
HELO & RDNS domain match & IPINMX -10 (yes, IP-in-MX) HELO & RDNS & MAILFROM
domain match & IPINMX -15 or ENDALLTESTS

I say "domain" meaning just the last two segments of the FQHN, that portion
that is registered with domain registrar.  Since all of these tests are
already run by Declude, if a bit of logic could be added to support a test
like this, I think it could help us get a lot of legitimate mail delivered
with fewer held due to FPs.

Also, if people feel that the last test above is a very good indicator of
legitimate e-mail, then if this test is run first (before all other tests),
and there is a match with the last test shown above, and there was variable
to ENDALLTESTS (and deliver), then this would also cut down on processing
requirements.

Thoughts anyone...?

Bill

http://www.mail-archive.com.