Just a little follow-up. The problem is that Topica, the bulk-mail sender, operates thousands of smaller lists and apparently has a problem with their members sending out spam. I've seen several of these companies, including Microsoft's own service, have these issues.

I don't think it is wise to have them listed in either Bonded Sender nor SBL. Even with that said, those tests cancel each other out on my system, though I never planned on such a thing happening for obvious reasons.

If places like Bonded Sender start allowing bulk-mail senders that serve very small customers that bring their own lists, then I will stop using them as a negative weight test. At the same time, SBL needs to take a look at their charter and take Topica out of their list because Topica itself isn't a spammer, they're just a company offering service to a market that is impossible to police.

JMHO.

Matt

Matthew Bramble wrote:

What to do? This looks very suspicious and it causes me grave concern about the quality of Bonded Sender. Check out the following headers:

They were recently listed in SBL with the following record:

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/sbl.lasso?query=SBL12236

So who's wrong here? Are these guys harvesting addresses? Why would they have over 50 IP's to mail from? At the same time, here's their SenderBase lookup:

http://www.senderbase.org/search?searchString=38.113.200.23&whichOthers=%2F24

I have a customer that reported this as a false postive and wants to have this let through. Do I tell him that this is a mistake, similar to allowing someone to execute a virus? Do I report this to Bonded Sender?