Oh geez Fritz, Scott is going to pull his hair out on this one, as he and I
just spent the day figuring out the same type of problem on a server I am
working on.

Quadripple check the DNS servers. Change to a known good other one. That
what it turned out to be in my case. Some times they returned queries fine,
other times they timed out.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You