I understand all that stuff, George, but I disagree completely that you
can't apply global, updated rules to some aspects of the problem.  As
such a global filter repository can make a huge dent in virtually
everyone's workload.  Do we really all need to create our own filters to
remove p.en1s pi11z from our inbox?  Is having the ability to more
quickly react to new spam bad?

Think of this as a virus definitiion list, except given Declude's
modularity individuals can decide which virii they will allow themselves
to be infected with.

Nothing in this world is going to be perfect, and certainly you can
write your own filters until you're blue in the face.  I've been
tinkering constantly with Declude for something like two years, and I
expect to continue.  But I also expect to automate as much of this -- or
any other job -- as possible.  I have more profitable and less
aggravating things to do than this.  I'm sure you do too.

The community can benefit from some standardization and shared effort.
Some here have already gone miles toward this goal, as many on this list
know.  I'm saying a Next Step should be taken, and anyone who wants to
ignore the initiative is welcome to do so.

--Matt--