> If you read the site, you'll see that by changing the name of the zone, a
> Declude QUERY (test) will result in an ACTION by the NJABL site.  Thus, it
> will pick up new relays very quickly so that subsequent mails by the same
> IP
> may be blocked within minutes.

Did read the site, including the requirements for using those different
zones:

1. The mail server must run its own caching DNS server.
2. The mail server's caching DNS server only allows queries from itself,
i.e. allow-query { 127.0.0.0/8; };.
3. The mail server must not have non-admin users with shell access that
might run their own qwdnsbl.njabl.org or qwdynablock.njabl.org DNS queries,
causing random hosts to be tested. The admins should likewise not do
qwdnsbl.njabl.org or qwdynablock.njabl.org lookups from such a mail server.
Only the SMTPd should generate these queries.
4. The mail server's admin must notify us of the IP the queries will come
from so we know to test the IP's in their queries.

Thus, the DNS server used would need to be the Imail server itself.

> Let's see, if Scott can clarify, which of your two conflicting answers are
> ultimately correct.  Yes - I'm hoping that those lookups are performed
> through the Imail configured DNS server (or the one defined in the Declude
> config file).

I thought I made the clarification/correction in my second response.

BTW, this is an interesting and promising service they are providing. Thanks
for bringing it to our attention.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You