On 29 Mar 2004 at 14:35, Technical Support wrote:

>  What
> sort of counter weighting do you guys use to balance out these types
> of messages?  I can't decide on anything to identify these types of
> messages with that spammers don't already try to fake.  Any help would
> be much appreciated.
As Darin responded you should use a negative weighted filter. I call mine
compensatory.txt
In it include REVDNS, CONTAINS, MAILFROM, etc. from the false
positives that will counter weight the spam scores. As far a phrase
that you could add for a BODY tag kinda hard. But they may work for
you like 'Order shipped' , etc.

I make compensatory.txt the first filter in global.cfg also; to be
sure SKIPIFWEIGHT feature is used in the other filter files.

                -Nick Hayer

> Thank you for making YourNET Connection your connection to the world
>
> Jim O'Keefe
> Technical Support
> @YourNET Connection, Inc.
>  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[AUTOMATED NOTE: Your mail server [170.222.200.91] is missing a reverse DNS entry. All
Internet hosts are required to have a reverse DNS entry. The missing reverse DNS entry
will cause your mail to be treated as spam on some servers, such as AOL.]