> I stopped using CBL on Jan-05-2004, though, because the
> SpamHaus XBL is a superset of CBL, e.g.:

Looking at the individual results on my server CBL has had 32% of correct
"votes" (Between 04/01/04 and 04/11/04)
In the same timerange XBL has had 30% of correct votes. (really a superset?)

The absolute number of false positives (for the individual tests) was with
204 for CBL compared to 43 for XBL more then 4 times higher. In relative
numbers this are false positive rates of 0,25% for CBL and 0,05% for XBL.
There are other ip4r tests like IPWHOIS, NOBASUE and FIVETEN-SRC having a
FP-rate of 3, 4 and 5% (in this order)

Another report shows that both tests have a congruity of 90% for positive
results.
XBL has positive results - without a result from CBL - in 19% of all cases.
(values from 24 hours from begin of february)

So in my opinion both tests are very good.

However looking at the subject line of this thread I would really love to
see a new test type that allows us to give extra points if certain
combinations of tests has failed.

Markus