Goran Jovanovic wrote:

This is parts of a header I received and I just want to check a few
things

So the spammer thought that he would use my IP address in the HELO line
205.150.108.8 to identify his domain, even though his real IP address is
220.185.227.109?

Obviously an IP address is not a valid domain so it fails the HELOBOGUS
test?

It failed the HELOISIP test because the domain was an IP address?

Yes. It would be more correct to say that HELOISIP failed because the domain _contained_ an IP address. 205.150.108.8.this.is.a.host.name would also have failed HELOISIP

It failed the HELOISIPX test ... not sure why since there is no reverse
DNS to parse?

It failed HELOISIPX because the host name is a "pure" IP address. "205.150.108.8.this.is.a.host.name" will *not* fail HELOISIPX.

In the next release, both tests will not fail host names bracketed IP format "[205.150.108.8]"

illigitimi non carborundum
Bud Durland, CNE                                 Mold-Rite Plastics
Network Administrator                         http://www.mrpcap.com