> > That means
> > that any one using one of those addresses can send out millions of spam
> > e-mails through your server and there is nothing you can do about it.
>
> How is that statement correct? We scan all outgoing messages for spam and
> viruses and delete them if a message contains one or both.

I made a general warning cautionary warning statement. From the research
that Matt did and the fact that you are actively scanning all outgoing
messages, you are taking the needed steps to minimize the possible problem.

If your IPs are all or mostly used by dialup users, that in itself, as Matt
pointed out, greatly reduces the possible problem

Again, it was meant as a general warning.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You