I run my logs at high, and they are full of filter skipped with a current weight, set
max weight, set min weight lines. I could run at a lower level, but I do like most of
the data available in the high level logs.

My idea is to have a filter command line that can be added to filters to control
logging.

No line (leaves logs as is)

LOGMATCHONLY would only log the lines that matched on the filters.
This would not log  maxweight, minweight, skipifweight or END matches.

My thinking is that more log information is needed when creating and testing a new
filter. When a filter becomes mature, only the match line is needed to be logged. And
with the proposed command line, I would have the ability to control which filters
would need more log information.

Dropping these undesired lines from mature filters would really decrease log sizes.
Less logging would also help minimize the log corruption during peak times (dictionary
attacks).

Scott Fisher
Director of IT
Farm Progress Companies