I'd really like to see Declude implement full support of the SURBL URL blacklists.

SURBL.org now has several new lists available that I think would make very effective
tests.
Unfortunately they are not available for http download like the Spamcop SURBL list is.
Some would also have too many lines to effectively use in a filter.

I'm most interested in the Phishing list:
"Phishing data is kindly provided by MailSecurity. Since the phishing list is
relatively small so far, it is not offered as a separate list, instead finding a home
in the combined list multi.surbl.org. Despite that, it should be quite valuable to
include in URI checking, so we're grateful for MailSecurity making it publically
available as a service to the Internet community."

I'm also interested in the Outblaze list is described as:
"Yusuf Goolamabbas of Outblaze describes the data as coming from spamtrap body
analysis: "We have an extensive set of spamtraps. The emails to these accounts are
analysed and URLs are extracted. For any domain found in these emails, we check for
'new' and if so, its blocked." In this case, 'new' is defined as the domain being
registered within the last 90 days. This newness should help prevent legitimate
domains from being listed since spammers routinely register new domains, use them for
a only a few days or weeks, then move on to a fresh domain for their spam advertised
sites."

The SURBL tests provide different data points to look at than the rhsbl and the ip4r
lists. I think these tests would blend wonderfully into Declude SPAM weighting system,
and would certainly help detect more spam, and move other spam into delete weights.

The Spamcop SURBL filter with 700ish entries is effective at moving messages on my
system from a hold status to a delete status. Adding more SURBL lists would certainly
help.

Scott Fisher
Director of IT
Farm Progress Companies