Now, my dialup customers are on a different subnet and log into our imail server using smtp auth. When they send emails out, shouldn't the ip addy of the email then take on the ip addy of the email server in the eyes of the receiving mail server?

No. Otherwise, it would defeat the purpose of SPF: A spammer could connect to your mailserver and send out spam.

What you can do in this case (if you are running IMail v8) is add a line "WHITELIST AUTH" to your \IMail\Declude\global.cfg file, to whitelist all users that authenticate.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.