I set up a filter of MAILFROM 0 STARTSWITH [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I am only holding right
now.

The following was caught. Notice the "coups@" is in the Received: line, not
the From: line. Should this one have been caught or skipped?

It should have been caught. That's because the sender was actually "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" (if you look at the X-Declude-Sender: header, or the "MAIL FROM:" line in the IMail SMTP log file, you'll see it). Declude JunkMail filters on the actual sender, which may be different from the E-mail addresses in the From:, Reply-To:, or other headers.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.