I have a question about setting up the SPF string.

If I use this string:

v=spf1 a mx a:bcw5, a:bcw6 -all

as a text record in our domain (bcwebhost.net), then the SPF test checks the
sending IP and tries to match it against either bcw5.bcwebhost.net or
bcw6.bcwebhost.net.  The -all option says that if the sending IP doesn't
match one of those two, the test fails.  Now when I send out mail, it goes
out through an IP (66.224.41.4 -- our firewall) that doesn't belong to that
domain.  So how do I get the SPF test to pass for email coming from this IP
address?

You just need to add "ip4:66.224.41.4" to the SPF record, and you should be all set.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.