>> I would recommend that all contract owners call Ipswitch to voice their
concerns. I told them that we've paid for 4 professional contracts which
were supposed to get us support, fixes, AND major upgrades. Considering
we've never called for support, and now that they've decided to discontinue
Imail, I wanted a refund. Furthermore, I was quite irritated that no warning
was given to the user base about this transition. <<

It's called: Deceptive business practice.

You can't in good faith sell someone a '12 month service agreement' late
September for a product that you know you will completely discontinue in the
next few weeks.

The point is not, whether a provider may be willing to "support" me for 12
months - the point is that I would have not chosen to purchase a service
agreement (or actually TWO) for a discontinued product.  I was deceived to
throw good money behind an obsolete product.

I wonder if this is actionable.

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

H&M Systems Software, Inc.