To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 2:35 PM
Subject: RE: CBL:RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Declude and Ipswitch ICS

There's been an almost hysterical reaction to the ICS announcement.

Yes I know that my server will not stop working a certain day only because the SA expires.

But what if there will happen something like a new MS Update that I must
implement but will kill imail functionality. You know this has happened and
you know this can theoretically happen also tomorrow. Not to talk about the
case a new vulnerability is discovered.

We have several thousands mailbox users spread al around the internet. This
people are paying us for the service and I fear thay will do the same thing
with me as I will do with Ipswitch if it will realy become as nobody wants.

In the meantime it's important that as many people as possible will place
their opinion about IPSwitch's strategy because there is still no logic
explanation for what they have done.

What IPSwitch is doing is simply suicide, nothing else. Try to immagine
you're working in a company that does the same thing as IPSwitch this days.
At the moment I'm aware of what's happening I'm the first one of talking
with people in my company and at least ask what they plan to do with me if
the strategy will not work. I guess wife and children are not realy
interested how many (or few?) customers will buy colaboration software if
the income goes down or becomes zero.

Markus

--- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]