> It looks like it scores pretty well...
>
> http://www2.spamchk.com/public.html

Yes I can confirm this. (The results you can see on the link above are
results on my Mailserver)
I can highly recommend Messagesniffer because the rules are always up to
date (2 - 4 each day) and as you can see highly reliable.

If you've running this test I recommend splitting it up in different tests
for the different return codes. As you can see in the results above most
return codes are very reliable. So you can set also a very high weight (70
up to 100% of your hold weight) to this result codes.

> That said, and I'm embarrassed to ask two questions in one
> day, but what experiences have people had with SpamChk as
> well?  Are people running the "stable version" (dated
> 7/29/03) or the "beta" (dated 1/31/04)

SpamChk was a result of some missing "features" in recent (2 years ago)
releases of declude junkmail. My friend Wolfgang and I decided to implement
this external test as a sub-set of different content based tests. SpamChk
does NOT provide automatic updates as Sniffer does. I consider it a swiss
army knife and we have some ideas for new features. You can easily use the
latest beta of Spamchk.

SpamChk it's not a test that clearly says "yes it's spam" or "no it's ham".
This external test will return his sum of points to declude's weighting
system. If there are many indicators of spam it can return also - let's say
- 500 points. On the other side SpamChk can also return only one single
point.
And SpamChk can also return negative weights if there are many indicators
for a legit message.

Markus