Andy,
That is not what typically what I see on most legit incoming e-mails.

For example here is a legit customer e-mail I picked it random (with a few
things obfuscated)...

In this example the HELO contains "somedepartment.state.oh.us".  That is
true, but what I am seeing is where the HELO IS "somedepartment.state.oh.us"
which in this case is NOT true.  The HELO is "mail13.somedepartment.oh.us".
And in fact 99% of legit e-mails that I see the whole string used in the
HELO is NOT identical to the string after the '@' symbol.  Especially when
you are talking about the big free web mail providers.  The only 2 that I
know of that use a simple HELO, e.g. domain.com, are HOTMAIL.COM and
EXCITE.COM.  Everybody else uses a long host name, e.g. subnet.domain.com,
and I can easily put exceptions in for HOTMAIL.COM and EXCITE.COM.

What I've been seeing, using the same headers as above, is...

If the text after the @ symbol was broken out into it's own variable, e.g.
FROMHOST = "somedepartment.state.oh.us", and the helo was broken out into
it's own variable, e.g. HELO = "somedepartment.oh.us", then if I could do
the following...

FROMHOST 50 IS %HELO%

then I could add to the weight of a bunch of e-mails that are currently
making it through.

Regardless I wasn't looking for feedback on the likelihood of this idea
working well.  All I wanted to know if it was technically feasible.  In a
weight based system even if I can add a few points, if only enough to raise
the weight a little yet not enough to push legit e-mail over my HOLD weight,
then that's what I'm looking to do.

Thanks,
Dan