To: <Declude.JunkMail@declude.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 12:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Beginner configuration?

Thanks for all the help everyone. So far so good, users are noticing the improvement. I added sniffer to the arsenal earlier today, and it's amazing how much more it's picking up. VERY VERY few false positives at all in the first four days of my trial with Declude/Sniffer.

However, I added a few more DNSBLs that one of you suggested last week. My global.cfg now looks like this:

#========================================= ADVANCED OPTIONS =================================

LOOSENSPAMHEADERS  ON

CONSOLE ON

#IPBYPASS       192.0.2.25

HOP             0
#HOPHIGH        1

#DNS            127.0.0.1

HIDETESTS       CATCHALLMAILS IPNOTINMX NOLEGITCONTENT

CATCHALLMAILS           catchallmails   x       x       0       0
NOLEGITCONTENT          nolegitcontent  x       x       0       -5
IPNOTINMX               ipnotinmx       x       x       0       -3

#========================================= WHITELISTS =======================================

#WHITELIST      HABEAS
#AUTOWHITELIST  ON
PREWHITELIST    ON
WHITELIST       AUTH

# ----- Domain Example -----
WHITELIST        FROM   @declude.com
WHITELIST        FROM   @munis.com
WHITELIST        FROM   @trg.com
WHITELIST        FROM   @winnacunnet.k12.nh.us

# ----- User Example -----
WHITELIST        FROM   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

# ----- TO  Example -----
#WHITELIST      TO      postmaster@
#WHITELIST      TO      abuse@

# ----- SAU IPS -----

#SAU AND HAMPTON
WHITELIST IP 207.228.220.
WHITELIST IP 172.21.21.

#SEABROOK
WHITELIST IP 70.88.195.41

#HFALLS
WHITELIST IP 24.128.32.179

#SOHAM
WHITELIST IP 69.164.74.209

#========================================= BLACKLISTS =======================================

#BLACKLIST fromfile [path]\Filters\blacklist.txt x 10 0
#BLACKIP ipfile [path]\Filters\blackip.txt x 10 0

#========================================= RBL IP4R TESTS ==========================================
# 1. Definitions of the tests to use (do not edit unless you know what you are doing). These must come before the actions.
# 2. First is the name of the check, then the type of check (ip4r is a DNS lookup using the reverse of the IP address).
# 3. For type ip4r, 'matchstring' is the string to look for, or "*" for anything.

XBL(LAST) dnsbl %IP4R%.sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org 127.0.0.4 9 0
XBL(ALL) ip4r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org 127.0.0.4 2 0
UCEPROTECT-LAST dnsbl %IP4R%.dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net 127.0.0.2 4 0
UCEPROTECT-ALL ip4r dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net 127.0.0.2 1 0
SENDERDB-BLACK ip4r pub.senderdb.net 127.0.0.2 8 0
SENDERDB-SUSPICIOUS ip4r pub.senderdb.net 127.0.0.4 2 0
MAILPOLICE-BULK rhsbl bulk.rhs.mailpolice.com 127.0.0.2 7 0
MAILPOLICE-PORN rhsbl porn.rhs.mailpolice.com 127.0.0.2 9 0
MAILPOLICE-FRAUD rhsbl fraud.rhs.mailpolice.com 127.0.0.2 8 0
AHBL ip4r dnsbl.ahbl.org * 6 0
BLITZEDALL ip4r opm.blitzed.org * 7 0
CBL ip4r cbl.abuseat.org 127.0.0.2 6 0
DSBL ip4r list.dsbl.org * 6 0
ORDB ip4r relays.ordb.org * 5 0
SBL ip4r sbl.spamhaus.org * 7 0
SORBS-HTTP ip4r dnsbl.sorbs.net 127.0.0.2 5 0
SORBS-SOCKS ip4r dnsbl.sorbs.net 127.0.0.3 5 0
SORBS-MISC ip4r dnsbl.sorbs.net 127.0.0.4 5 0
SORBS-SMTP ip4r dnsbl.sorbs.net 127.0.0.5 5 0
SORBS-SPAM ip4r dnsbl.sorbs.net 127.0.0.6 4 0
#SORBS-WEB ip4r dnsbl.sorbs.net 127.0.0.7 5 0
SORBS-BLOCK ip4r dnsbl.sorbs.net 127.0.0.8 5 0
SORBS-ZOMBIE ip4r dnsbl.sorbs.net 127.0.0.9 5 0
SORBS-DUHL ip4r dnsbl.sorbs.net 127.0.0.10 4 0
SPAMCOP ip4r bl.spamcop.net 127.0.0.2 7 0
#MTLDB ip4r mtldb.declude.com 127.0.0.2 3 0

#BONDEDSENDER ip4r query.bondedsender.org 127.0.0.10 -10 0

#ADDITIONAL USED RBL IP4R TESTS
#FIVETENSRC ip4r blackholes.five-ten-sg.com 127.0.0.2 2 0
#JAMMDNSBL ip4r dnsbl.jammconsulting.com 127.0.0.2 2 0

#========================================= RHBSL TESTS ==========================================

DSN rhsbl dsn.rfc-ignorant.org 127.0.0.2 3 0
#NOABUSE rhsbl abuse.rfc-ignorant.org 127.0.0.4 2 0
#NOPOSTMASTER rhsbl postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org 127.0.0.3 1 0

#========================================= OTHER TESTS ==========================================

BADHEADERS              badheaders      x       x       8       0
BASE64                  base64          x       x       4       0
CMDSPACE                cmdspace        x       x       8       0
COMMENTS                comments        x       x       7       0
HELOBOGUS               helovalid       x       x       4       0
MAILFROM                envfrom         x       x       12      0
PERCENT                 percent         x       x       10      0
REVDNS                  revdnsexists    x       x       4       0
ROUTING                 spamrouting     x       x       2       0
SPAMHEADERS             spamheaders     x       x       3       0
SPFFAIL                 spffail         x       x       3       0
#SPFPASS                spfpass         x       x       -3      0

#BCC                    bcc             20      x       5       0
NONENGLISH              nonenglish      x       x       3       0
#SUBJECTCHARS           subjectchars    50      x       0       0
#SUBJECTSPACES          subjectspaces   12      x       5       0

#=========================================== FILTERS ===============================================

#SUBJECT filter [path]\Filters\Subject.txt x 0 0
#WORD filter [path]\Declude\Filters\Word.txt x 0 0

SNIFFER external nonzero "D:\IMail\Sniffer\snfrv2r3.exe xnk05x5vmipeaof7" 10 0
#SPAMCHK external nonzero "[path]\Spamchk\spamchk.exe" 1 0

WEIGHT1014      weightrange     x       x       10      14
WEIGHT1519      weightrange     x       x       15      19
WEIGHT20        weight          x       x       20      0

As for actions, I am currently holding 10-14, redirecting 15-19, and deleting >20. Now this seemed to work great before, but now that I added a few more DNSBLs, my scores are much higher obviously. I'm curious if this is a BAD thing, or if it just confirms that if a message is on several blacklists, it SHOULD have a high score and be deleted. Thoughts on this? I basically guessed on the weights for the top 9 blacklists that I added manually...

Thanks.

Joey