A number of years ago I purchased Declude and ultimately abandoned it
due to the crippling problem that would leave our spool directory
overfilled with mail and a mail server that was delivering mail late.
Sometimes up to 24 to 48 hours late in the worst cases.

Last year I decided to give Declude a chance again and repurchased the
software upgrade.  It's been over a year now and I still have the same
problem.  It's killing me.  Declude will create an overflow directory
and mail will just pile up, customers will get angry, and we look the
fool.  I have spoken with Declude support about this and they had me
change a value in my virus.cfg to "MAXATONCE 1".  I still see a number
of declude.exe processes when the overflow directory comes into use and
the overflow directory is never used when I disable Declude.

Right now, my mail server is a couple hours behind with over a hundred
thousand messages in cue.  I have disabled Declude so the server can
catch up, but I still want antivirus and spam protection.  I am all out
of ideas and resources.  I had thought the antivirus was taking too long
to process at one point and my last concern was that DNS resolution was
not fast enough for the SPAM tests, however, when enabled, the Imail
integrated black lists resolve fast enough that I do not see this
problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Or better yet experience with this
issue and know of a cause or resolution.  I've grown to fear the
overflow directory and I would have thrown out Declude already if not
for the lack of chatter about this issue on the list.

Will