-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dan Horne
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 10:23 AM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] D3: Service stopped on its own, files backed up

OK, I sent a message to the list this morning, went into an hourlong meeting
and came back out to find that the message hadn't posted to the list yet.
Also people were complaining about their email "not working".
I found that the Decludeproc service had stopped on its own.  The event log
shows event 7031: "The Decludeproc service terminated unexpectedly.
It has done this 1 time(s)."

I restarted the service and took a look in the proc folder.  There were 4500
objects in the folder.  I kept watch for about 15 minutes on those objects,
but Declude couldn't make headway on it with the new mail coming in.  It
would go down by 1 or 2 then back up by 1 or 2 but always stayed around the
same number of messages.  I have currently reverted back to 1.82, and have
left the Decludeproc service running so that it can clear out those
messages.  It is going VERY slowly, though.  I mean like 25 messages per
minute slow, if that.  Declude 1.82 goes through messages much faster, in my
experience monitoring (for instance) the overflow directory.

Dan Horne
http://www.mail-archive.com.