To: <Declude.JunkMail@declude.com>
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 2:06 PM
Subject: re: [Declude.JunkMail] ROUTING and COUNTRIES

I guess it depends on exactly what text it is searching for. In looking at my log files (set to Debug), I see that when it is checking the COUNTRIES filter I created, it displays a message like "Checking countries: *A ." Is it actually looking for an asterisk followed by an A? Here are some "non-countries" and the corresponding text displayed in the log file:

[ARIN Unlisted] *A
[RIPE Unlisted] *E
[IANA Reserved] *R
[Unknown] *U

Does this mean we should be using a line like

COUNTRIES    0    CONTAINS    *A

Is that asterisk a literal or will it act as a wildcard? Is anyone using this in a country filter?