Matt wrote:
Hi Matt -

I have not had any issues at all - what other clues do you have to offer? In your logs is there any simularity among the last message processed before the crash(s). Do you record the 'peak memory usage' - to see if there is some kind of of memory issue? Run the smtp log in dubug mode? Will a NET START SMTPSVC restart the service? If the latter is true I would suggest running that command at least every hr until the mystery is solved. [ if it is running it will not hurt anything and if its down it will help!]

-Nick

I was just wondering if anyone else has been seeing IMail SMTP crash with a noticeable frequency in the last few weeks. I have had mine go down 3 times now in the last 5 days or so, and this is something that I can't recall the last time that it happened before that. Essentially the SMTP service stops responding, but it doesn't crash in a way that Windows sees it as being down.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the massively increased traffic from the Sober worms which are trying many pre-defined addresses that don't exist could be the problem. I am going to drop my PROCESSES value in my Declude.cfg just in case this is a mystery heap issue.

Any other clues???

Thanks,