-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of IS - Systems Eng.
(Karl Drugge)
Sent: 17 January 2006 22:18
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Whitelisting email address

Believe me, I'd love to find a way to do it, but when I HAVE to receive
emails from hideously mis-configured servers, whack-job citizens, and other
municipalities with less then stellar I.T. staff. from any where at any
time, not bouncing becomes the worse of two evils.

As an example, if I DELETE an email from a citizen because it meets my
delete criteria ( let's say a nut-job, retired, self declared IT samurai
with a shareware SMTP server, on a dial up account to a local home based ISP
run by his best friend ) I can ( and have ) been questioned by the City
Manager on exactly WHY he didn't get this email, because this nut-job shows
up to a city council meeting and has a foaming at the mouth fit in public.
Technical explanations don't cut it in the political arena. I have to, at
the very least, send something back to notify the originator that the email
was bounced, unless it's so horribly mal-formed, or chock full of key words,
that it I can absolutely guarantee it's spam.

But, if someone wants to take a crack at it, I'll be more than happy to post
my config files.

Karl Drugge