Matt, I agree with you.

It would mean nothing to a major spammer to spend 1/4 cent per message to
have it guaranteed delivered.

For 100K messages, that would be $250 which would actually improve the
spammers' chances for more responses since the recipients would then trust
the sender.

John T
eServices For You

"Seek, and ye shall find!"