Of course, all of this is "your mileage will vary", but ....
Scott's filter might be simpler (therefore better), but I have a country filter (which I got from Scott) which allows me to set the score by the country.

The Global.cfg is
FILTER-COUNTRY filter  d:\Decludefilters\filter-country.txt x 0 0
(zero scoring because it comes from the filter)

$default$.junkmail is
FILTER-COUNTRY  WARN

The filter-country.txt file is (snip)
COUNTRIES    3    CONTAINS    AD
COUNTRIES    3    CONTAINS    AE
COUNTRIES    3    CONTAINS    AF
COUNTRIES    3    CONTAINS    AG
COUNTRIES    3    CONTAINS    AI
COUNTRIES    3    CONTAINS    AL
COUNTRIES    3    CONTAINS    AM
COUNTRIES    3    CONTAINS    AN
COUNTRIES    3    CONTAINS    AO
COUNTRIES    3    CONTAINS    AQ
etc.

For me, I removed the US and set CA & UK to one (of course based on the nature of our clientele.) Others are at 3, but I can adjust each if I have particular problems.

John C