Hi John,

Not sure if this is any help but I found a basic way to handle this as I had
problems with clients ringing up saying "I sent out some mails and they have
not gone"...etc etc etc, and of course when I check the hold2 directory
there are 500 emails in there.

What I do is have a basic setup that checks for me every 30 minutes if there
are some .smd files in the C:\IMAIL\spool\spam\hold2 folder and if it finds
any, it emails me a simple email telling me how many *smd files there are
which then goes to my blackberry letting me know.

I am pretty sure there is an easier way but this is my 10 minute solution
and it works for me.

1) I installed the following object on the mail server
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jarit/asp/filefunc/download.html

2) made a .vbs file called  check4files.vbs and put it in the
C:\IMAIL\spool\spam\hold2 dir.

The code in the .vbs file is like this..

=======================
filepath="C:\IMAIL\spool\spam\hold2\*.smd"
emailfrom="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
emailto="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
Set FFunc = CreateObject("FileFunctions.files")
if FFunc.Exists(filepath) then
FFunc.GetFileList(filepath)
   Set objMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
   objMessage.Subject = "(Alert) " & FFunc.Count & " Messages in The Hold
Queue"
   objMessage.From = emailfrom
   objMessage.To = emailto
   strBody = strBody & "There are currently " & FFunc.Count & " files in the
Hold Queue" & vbCRLF
   strBody = strBody & "" & vbCRLF
   strBody = strBody & "Date: "  & FormatDateTime(Date, 1) & " - " &
FormatDateTime(Now, 4)
   objMessage.TextBody = strBody
   objMessage.Send
end if

3) Then I set up a scheduled task in the windows schduled tasks to run the
file every 30 minutes.

I hope that helps you.

Kindest Regards
Craig Edmonds