> That   link   indicates  that  they  actually  work  in  reverse  by
> whitelisting  things  from greylisting instead this is the other way
> around  where it qualifies messages for greylisting.

Nope.  Whitelister creates a hierarchical system by which messages may
be  explicitly  included  or  excluded  from  being passed to postgrey
depending  on  the results of other envelope-level tests. It serves as
prior  art  for the purposes of this discussion, and posts from 8/2005
show  that  users  consider it to be working both angles. Now, be very
clear:  I  am not denying _you_ shared credit for the concept with the
Postfix  people,  but the idea that your "friend" the vendor can claim
it  as  intellectual  property,  when  you  spec'd  it  out  and  have
documentation  of  same -- and that that's why you're playing it close
to the vest -- is ridiculous. If it's yours or Brian's, it's yours; in
reality, it's nobody's.

> ...no  expectations  or discussions of me giving it a rave review or
> financial  benefit  to  me  outside  of  what  the  software  itself
> offers...

No offset cost, no payment in kind? Okay, that's good.

> ...there  have  been  so few solutions to date that one could run on
> the same box and accomplish pre-scanning with any degree of accuracy
> and validate addresses...

Flatly,  no.  The  reason you have this misconception is that no other
vendor  spammed  the  list.  Others earn an audience the old-fashioned
way:  spending  money, not just time, to make money. The other vendors
rely  on  search-sensitive advertising, banners, print ads, PR, and in
the cases of cash-strapped authors and free products, simply hoping to
be  indexed and found by dogged sysadmins -- and then further promoted
by  unaffiliated  users and reviewers. There are surely some unethical
apples  in  that other bunch, of course, as everywhere, but they don't
spam.

--Sandy

Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of
Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!
  http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange or IMail mailboxes into IMail Aliases!

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/download/release/

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/ldap2aliases/download/release/