Mark et al.,

SmarterMail shouldn't be leaving this trash around, and it shouldn't be passing this trash to Declude.  While having a work-around in Declude is nice in lieu of a fix from SmarterMail, this really should be fixed in SmarterMail if I am understanding the issues properly.

Matt

Mark Strother wrote:
Okay. I can confirm that all 20,000 messages have failed in the header
file. My problem now seems to be that this directory is pretty large in
size. A lot of these messages are larger than our maximum allowed size.
I'm guessing that when SmarterMail receives an email larger than the
maximum allowed size it writes failed in the header. Previously these
were automatically deleted by SmarterMail and we never saw them. Now
they're building up in the error directory.

The maximum size we allow for an email is 25MBs but in this directory I
see a lot of emails that are > 25 MBs.

I think I'm going to have to create a script that will clear this
directory every day or so.

 Mark Strother
 Pacific Online
 Phone: 604-638-6010 ext. 222