Don Brown wrote:
What is the URL to Brian Burns' port?

http://www.sosdg.org/clamav-win32/

-Nick

Monday, July 17, 2006, 2:05:34 PM, Nick Hayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
NH> David Barker wrote:

 Declude has
this process and functionality built in to the Declude product which enables
customers to use a command line scanners like ClamWin

NH> <snip>
NH> Brian Burns port called ClamAV supports clamd  which is wicked fast [and
NH> free]. This is a different product from ClamWin.

NH> I had done some comparison on the scanners - and had sent this to the
NH> Declude Virus list:
NH> "I just switched to 4x and noticed in the logs that scan times are
NH> recorded -
NH> here are some sample scan times against the same email -
NH> 2062ms Clamscan
NH> 468ms Mcafee scan.exe
NH> 171ms fprot

NH> These relative scan time proportional differences appear to remain the
NH> same against other emails.

NH> Switching from clamscan.exe to clamdscan.exe ClamAV averages 15ms
NH> against all emails it sees.  That is like a factor of 10 faster than
NH> fprot its closest performance competitor.  Since its free and
NH> w/Sanesecurity phish sigs I give it an editors choice  :)

NH> It would be nice to see [feature request?] the ms response time for AVG -  "

NH> -Nick

NH> ---
NH> This E-mail came from the Declude.JunkMail mailing list.  To
NH> unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
NH> type "unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found
NH> at http://www.mail-archive.com.

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.inetconcepts.net
(972) 788-2364                    Fax: (972) 788-5049
----