A new tag (whitelistunique) which only would whitelist if the email had a single recipient would solve the problem and be much safer.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Colbeck, Andrew
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 11:45 AM
To: declude.junkmail@declude.com
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Whitelisting flaw in Declude?

Yeah, what Matt said.

Message splitting before junkmail filtering would be punishing for CPU time and somewhat more for disk time; message splitting for the sake of whitelisting (or alternate actions) after junkmail filtering would be an incremental cost.

And message splitting before junkmail filtering on a system that has a wildcard email address would be lethal for that system.

Andrew.

p.s. In my corporate network, we email each other a lot, and we see that Exchange "single instance storage" of a message only saves us 20% of the disk space.  And that includes single storage of a message in my Sent Items as well as in my neighbour's Inbox and the next guy's Deleted Items.