From: "Todd Richards" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <declude.junkmail@declude.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 7:38 PM
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] One step forward, ten back

Hi Everyone -

We are getting completely hammered by spam and I'm about at my wits end.  A
few weeks ago I added a 30-day trial of Message Sniffer and it doesn't seem
to be doing any good.  Today, I upgraded to the newest version of Declude.
I "think" everything went ok.  After reading through the documentation
(again) I went through my global.cfg file and cleaned up some things that
were questionable.  For instance, we had several domains in the WHITELIST TO
and WHITELIST FROM.  From what I've read and heard through the lists, it's
not a good idea to whitelist anything.    In fact, earlier today I had some
spam come through that was "from" a whitelisted domain so it just let it
through.  So I commented them out and planned to watch my spam account
(instead of deleting I have caught messages sent to another account for
review) to see the results.

So...  This happened about 5pm tonight.  I went through a short spurt but in
the last 90 minutes since then I alone have received over 150 spam messages.
Before I made my changes tonight, that is about the number I would receive
in one day (which is still too many).  In one message, this was in the
header.  To me, it should have failed and been stopped.

[2], SNIFFER [12], WEIGHT10 [10], WEIGHT14 [14], WEIGHT20 [20], WEIGHT20a
[20]

Does anyone have any suggestions to what I might be doing wrong, or what I
should look at next?  Would anyone (off-list) be willing to look at my
config files and see if something is apparently wrong?  Are there any sample
files where a newbie might be able to see how others have theirs set up?  I
have been running Declude for over a year, and with the exception of some
minor tweaks, it's pretty much running "out-of-the-box".  For those who are
interested, I'm running Imail 8.22 (with latest hotfix) on Windows 2000
server, as well as the Declude Suite, Message Sniffer, and inv-URBL 2.7.

Thanks for any input or direction you can offer.

Todd