We're all seeing it... My log files have increased over 30% in recent times as I'm sure yours have too. Through due diligence we stop an awful lot, but much still gets by.

But we're being active after the fact. Is there anyone who has knowledge of what virus and/or trojan is causing all of this great increase in activity?? The biggest thing we do know is that the majority of it is coming from our neighbors: the home-based systems on dial-up, DSL and cable.

I'd like to be more "proactive" and go on an education crusade to provide folks with the knowledge of how to detect if their systems are infected and what to do about it, but I have no idea of what to look for or what software to use to "fix" it.

Anyone with some leads on finding the ultimate sources that's creating all these zombies??

~Joe