I get this in logs:

02/19/2007 05:16:12.213 23859386 ERROR: External program SNIFFER didn't
finish quick enough; terminating.

02/19/2007 05:16:12.213 23859386 Couldn't get external program exit code

At this point I see thousands of .xxx and .fin files built up in the
sniffer directory.  Usually forcing a sniffer update (normally done
every hour automatically).

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Darrell ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 9:32 AM
To: declude.junkmail@declude.com
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Declude/Sniffer Issues

What are you seeing the logs that indicates this?  Declude will
terminate long running external processes and log that it terminated it.
Are you seeing those entries?  Also, during these times when you look at
task manager do you see a bunch of idle sniffer processes?

Typically from my experience when you see all the threads being used
with very little to no CPU usage it tends to be a DNS issue (i.e slow or
not responding DNS server).

Darrell

Check out http://www.invariantsystems.com for utilities for Declude And
Imail.  IMail/Declude Overflow Queue Monitoring, SURBL/URI integration,
MRTG Integration, and Log Parsers.