Matt -

I'm not arguing, but simply asking as I'm looking at moving to SM.

Our license with Ipswitch is 3x that of the same version of SM.  The service
agreement that we purchased - but never used (because I never had enough
faith in the new version of IMail) is almost twice the cost of purchasing SM
new.  From what I've heard from everyone I've talked to, SM actually works,
so the support calls are minimal anyway.  You do get free updates within the
version.  So if once a year I have to buy the newest version at 65% of the
retail, which is still much cheaper than Imail, I'm not sure what the
difference is?

My SA with Imail actually just expired as I haven't had a chance to test SM
yet.  So my dilemma is do I renew my Imail SA at almost $1000,so I can
continue running 8.22, or purchase a brand new version of SM for half that
through Declude, and have the features that work that we've been waiting
for?

As for the software protection, I was working with a rep from SmarterMail at
the start of February.  He informed me right then and there that they were
planning a release at the end of Q1, and that I would get the new update.
Doing the math, that is almost 45 days on the bat.  So either they actually
keep their promises (unlike Ipswitch) or they would have stretched that time
to take care of me.

Again, maybe I'm missing something so this wasn't to start an argument.  And
I apologize for continuing the OT email.

Todd