From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Scott Fosseen
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:29 PM
To: declude.junkmail@declude.com
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] Mail Pre-Processor recommendations

I believe I have seen some replies to this already, but I though I would
put this out again. I am hosting about 30 domains worth of email and filtering for an additional 10 domains. My current configuration is all mail is pre-filtered through a Barracuda 400 box, then forwarded to a Smartermail 4.x server running Declude with Sniffer, Zero Hour, invURIBL. The Smartermail/Declude box is a Dual Quad Core HP server with 2 Gig of RAM. I am currently receiving about 600k email messages a day on the Barracuda box, and it is seeing performance issues. Before I purchase a 2nd Barracuda box I though I would check to see if anyone has a better solution. Declude still catches 40-60% SPAM after the Barracuda box.

Thanks
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Your are asked to notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Prairie Lakes Area Education Agency. Prairie Lakes Area Education Agency accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. - _____________________________________________________________________ Scott Fosseen - Systems Engineer - Prairie Lakes AEA - http://www.aea8.k12.ia.us/tech