From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy
Schmidt
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 10:27 AM
To: declude.junkmail@declude.com
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] country chain

Hi,

I think that counting countries is not necessarily helpful - specially if
you think of other continents. In Europe, many AOL IP blocks are registered
to the U.K. Knowing that an email went through two or three countries before
reaching you does not really imply anything, specially for corporate emails.

I also would think that, by now, spammers don't need to bother to relay
through many hops any more. With zombies they have the benefit of sending
mails from through just 1 or two relays.

So, counting countries is likely to trap more legitimate corporate mail than
today's spam.

The old ROUTING test is the correct approach, in my opinion.

If we're looking to add more tests, then I'm sure there are better
candidates to be discussed to see if they are worth the investment in time:
DomainKeys, Sniffer-API (to avoid command line calls and heap limitations),
OCR, ...

Best Regards,
Andy