It's looking very promising!

1.       So far, it detects about 10% as SPAM in emails that SORBS, SPAMCOP,
SpamHaus Zen and BRBL have let through.

2.       In that, it does 20 times better than the total of these AHBL
tests:

DNS A RR 127.0.0.2: Open Relay

DNS A RR 127.0.0.3: Open Proxy

DNS A RR 127.0.0.4: Spam Source

DNS A RR 127.0.0.5: Provisional Spam Source Listing block (will be removed
if spam stops)

DNS A RR 127.0.0.6: Formmail Spam

DNS A RR 127.0.0.9: End User (non mail system)

DNS A RR 127.0.0.14: Compromised System: DDoS

DNS A RR 127.0.0.15: Compromised System: Relay

DNS A RR 127.0.0.16: Compromised System: Autorooter/Scanner

DNS A RR 127.0.0.17: Compromised System: Worm or mass mailing virus

DNS A RR 127.0.0.18: Compromised System: Other virus

DNS A RR 127.0.0.127: Other

and 12 times better than the total of these NJABL tests:

NJABL: DNS A RR 127.0.0.2. Open relays and known spam sources.

NJABLDUL: DNS A RR 127.0.0.3. Dial-up/dynamic IP ranges.

NJABLSOURCES: DNS A RR 127.0.0.4. Lists spam sources. Will include
commercial spammers, direct-to-MX, and proxies. IP ranges will be added only
if they can be identified with the spammer.

NJABLMULTI: DNS A RR 127.0.0.5. Lists multi-stage open relays. Will notify
the appropriate NIC one week in advance of listing, to allow them to correct
the problem.

NJABLFORMMAIL: DNS A RR 127.0.0.8. Lists servers with insecure formmail
scripts.

NJABLPROXIES: DNS A RR 127.0.0.9. Lists open proxy servers.

3.       I don't have a big enough sample, but an EARLY trend is indicating
that it possible significantly cuts the amounts of email that Sniffer still
has to scan.

4.       >> all of the TXT records say "GBUdb Cloud Truncate c > 0.2, p >
0.9" <<

Thanks - so there ARE TXT records. This way I can configure to pick those up
(even if they are generic right now)

5.       >> When we bring the gbudb.com site online we will explain how the
IPs are listed. We may develop a link mechanism to look up specific data on
each IP after a time.<<

Thanks, specially the first part (a static page explaining the listing
method/policy - and that de-listing is automatic once spam stops) will be
important so that we can include that link in 5.7.1 rejection string. Don't
want to have to start answering individual inquiries.

Best Regards,

Andy