I took a further look this morning, I have 116 samples from 113 unique
IP addresses from Jun 30 through Jul 03 inclusive.

These really are from Yahoo! and are digitally signed.

The Message-ID really are unique as they should be, and they should be
constructed by a Yahoo! server, possibly based on information the client
sends them.

Linguistically, the account name in the MAILFROM doesn't match the
region that the IP addresses state are the real sender.

The IP addresses are from all over the map. Some of them are consumer
type Internet access connections, some are corporate.

Some of them are listed as zombie hosts, e.g. with the Cutwail bot.

So, if the Android app was sending it, we'd expect to see some
connections from the IP address space of telephony providers, but I
don't have any in my sample size.

My bet: a spammer looked at the traffic from the Yahoo! app and realized
he could abuse their web service that listens for traffic from their app
without having to use the app at all. He then used legitimate/stolen
Yahoo! mailbox credentials on his usual array of fresh and stale bots on
Windows computers to send the spam via Yahoo! webmail service, while
posing as their Android app. He may not even have had to do anything
except know to use valid Yahoo! credentials while sending to specific
webmail hosts.

The footer may have been added by the spammer as cover, or may have been
automatically inserted by a Yahoo! server for advertising.

That's my theory, and you're welcome to it.

Andrew 8)