How will we block a virus like Bagle.Q that does not use an "auto run" vulnerability?
There's still no attachment to hand off to the mail server's virus scanner(s).
If the body was VERY standard, it could be pattern matched by Declude. Add a little random action to the body (and the port used) and here we go again.

The latest batch of Bagle's (Q,R,S,T) can be blocked because, while not a virus, it breaks the rules.
(Auto run using a hole in MS outlook)

The next version may be the same, except the user has to run it by hand.
Just a 1 K e-mail with a link to a recently compromised PC.

When will it end?????????? (or at least slow down)

PS Scott,
Thanks for the recently added Vulnerability blocking. (for Q R S & T)

--

Greg Little

--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Findlay Internet]