FYI, at the request of our customers, we have just set a new mailing list called "Virus Alert". The list is designed to let our customers know as soon as we find out about new, fast-spreading viruses. The goal is to help you be as protected as possible before virus definitions are updated.

Unlike virus alert lists from AV companies, the only posts to this list will be ones that are urgent in nature (some people will be having this list forward to cell phones and pagers). We expect that this list will have perhaps several posts per month (as opposed to the several posts per day on most AV alert lists).

We expect that when a new, fast-spreading virus appears, there will be several posts to this list. The first will be to inform that we believe a new, fast-spreading virus has been released. This will be posted as soon as we believe this to be the case. Then, if we discover information that can be used to block the virus before virus definitions are updated, we will post that. Finally, if an interim release of Declude Virus is required to catch the virus for some reason, we will post when that is ready.

E-mails from this list will have "[Virus Alert]" in the subject.

Note that this is a moderated list.