You can use recip.eml to send a note that says "you were sent a virus", but none of the the current active viruses and only about half of the older ones have a valid sender. So, sending "an unknown person", who is claiming to be somebody else, is infected and knows your e-mail address is worse than useless. It generates questions and confusion.

In our business (a newspaper) we have lots of different people sending us info, that we need. For example a school coach sending scores and stats from a game. While we try to have them sent "plain text", we still recieve a lot of info in Word, Excel, etc.

IF (and it's getting rare) a Word Macro virus or signature virus like KAK is found, then sending both sender and reciever a notice, allows the users to know about the problem and work out a solution.

I identify about 20 virus families as forging, then if check at the top of recip, sender and sender Postmaster for a forged sender.
Also Scott recently added an automated way to block these and not have to update the configs with every new pest manually.
(We can get you syntax and examples, if needed)

Greg

Goran Jovanovic wrote:

If a virus in an attachment is detected then the whole message will be held and the recip.eml notification will be sent out.

Is there a way to allow the e-mail to go through to the user with a notification that the attachment was stripped?

--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Findlay Internet] --- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)] --- This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list. To unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus". The archives can be found at http://www.mail-archive.com.