I feel that Blars is free to put whomever he wants on his blacklist.  He basically says that he uses the list to block spam being sent to him.  He makes the blacklist publically available for others that want to use it.  No one is forced to use his blacklist.

As far as getting removed from the list he is basically saying that he will help you figure out why the reputation of your IP has become tarnished but to do this he is going to charge you his normal consulting rates.  We would do the same for any of our customers if they came to us and asked us to figure out why they were being blacklisted on any blacklist on the Internet.  We bill for our time, always.
----- Original Message -----
From: Mark
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 11:04 AM
Subject: [Declude.Virus] Spamlist scam?

Our IP or block got listed on this guys list.  He doesn't provide any information as to how the IP or block got listed and seems more interested in taking money to have an IP de-listed.  Wonder how long it will take for him to tick off the wrong company.

It would be nice if Declude would remove BlarsBL off their list of available list to prevent him from being used by someone that really shouldn't be managing an email server.

"If you would like a site be added or removed from BlarsBL, you may hire Blars at his normal consulting rates (currently $250/hour, 2 hour minimum, $1000 deposit due in advance for non-established customers) to investigate your evidence about the site. If it is found that the entry was a mistake, no charge will be made and the entire deposit will be refunded. Send Blars email from a non-listed account to verify current rates and arrange payment. "