I should eliminate (comment out) at least the JPG line right away.

The new test (when it's fully ready) provides a great safty net to backup the AV programs. The new test will ignore these lines and bad JPEGs will be caught.
The test is available by install a new interim version of Declude. (The test in the current intermin 1.80 has some problems so wait until they are resolved or check the other messages for details.)

The best advice I've seen is to eliminate at least the JPG line, because these lines will prevent the AV programs from being called. Until last week, you could safely save some CPU time on your e-mail server by not scanning JPEGs.

Greg

Sharyn Schmidt wrote:
Lines in the virus.cfg file

I was looking through my virus.cfg and I noticed the following:

# The SKIPEXT option will let you skip scanning of certain file extensions.  For
# example, a GIF file can't contain a virus, so there is no need to scan it.
#

SKIPEXT         GIF
SKIPEXT         TXT
SKIPEXT         JPG
SKIPEXT         MPG

Should I now allow declude to scan jpg and gif files or is this totally different than the new jpeg vulnerability?

Thanks,
Sharyn

--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Findlay Internet] --- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)] --- This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list. To unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus". The archives can be found at http://www.mail-archive.com.