-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of William Stillwell
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 11:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Re[6]: [Declude.Virus] testvirus.org #22

> Test #17: Eicar virus hidden using the "CR Vulnerability" (attachment
> can
> be
> opened by all versions of Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express)
>
> It is not a virus so I think the Vulnerability test of Declude should
> catch
> it.
>
> Oh well it comes through our system as well.
>
> Regards,
> Kami

I plucked the SMD files for #17 out of the queue and manually ran
mcaffee on it, with the "Same" flags that declude calles and my result
is this:

-------

Scanning C: []
Scanning C:\virus\DF1F0000901860D8F.SMD
C:\virus\Df1f0000901860d8f.SMD\eicar.com ... Found: EICAR test file NOT
virus.

Summary report on C:\virus\DF1F0000901860D8F.SMD
File(s)
        Total files: ...........       2
        Clean: .................       1
        Possibly Infected: .....       1

Time: 00:00.00

---------

Which SHOWS there is a virus, But declude Doesn't pick it up, My local
POP3
Scanner
also failes to catch it, but if I save the "EML" to my desktop, my On
Demand
scanner detects
it.

Also, Outlook Express failes to show it as an Attachment.

It appears the "X" attachments that declude appends to the header are
messing with the test.

---
This email has been scanned for possible viruses by Declude Antivirus.
For more information on Declude Antivirus, Visit www.declude.com

This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list.  To unsubscribe,
just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and