This is exactly why Scott and I had that whole e-mail exchange a few weeks
ago.  I have found a few viruses now that are not caught when decoded by
Declude but when the D*.SMD files is scanned manually at the command line by
the same scanners with the same switches used in the virus.cfg file, the
virus will be detected.  I thought this was an issue, but Scott thought
otherwise...

And there's a good reason why I thought it was not an issue (assuming you're referring to the "HTML_BOFRA" thread).

In that thread, I believe there were two issues:

[1] Phishing E-mails were sometimes not getting caught. This is beyond the scope of Declude Virus, as those are spam, not viruses. However, if your AV program can detect phishing E-mails, you can easily get it to work with Declude Virus by making sure not to use the "PRESCAN ON" option in Declude Virus.

[2] Spam with links to viruses were not getting caught. Again, this is technically beyond the scope of Declude Virus, as no viruses are passing through the mailserver. The reason for this is that Declude Virus does not send the headers of the E-mails to the virus scanner (as there is no need for it to see the headers in order to determine if a virus is present). Again, this is an issue of an AV program doing more than what AV programs traditionally do.

So there is still no indication that a virus can get through a mailserver protected by Declude Virus.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.

---- This outgoing message is guaranteed to be authentic by Message Level users. Guarantee the authenticity of your email @ http://www.messagelevel.com. --- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]