> I can't find anything in the event or application logs that looks bad
> around this time either.

  I can't either.

  I've switched my clamd.conf file settings to run on TCP/IP rather
  than local socket. In the clamd.log file there were accept() errors
  recorded when this occurs which is a socket command error.

  I don't know that running in TCP/IP will help but the conf file says
  it can help some stability issues on windows servers.

  I also see that once this starts the other scanners never get a
  return either - not sure why that would be.

---
Terry