I sent Barry an 'off-list' e-mail this morning and he called me today,
Sunday.  I sure wouldn't exactly call that the Ipswitch way of doing
business; would you?

We upgraded to v4 and it didn't hurt.  We're staying with the maint
model (not the subscription) and that's not going to hurt a bit,
either.

Seems to me, Declude is trying to evolve the product to a new level,
but unlike Ipswitch, they aren't telling the current customer base to
go pound dirt. In contrast, they are trying to bring the current
customer base along for the ride.

From the standpoint of this list, I think we have just read too much
negative into this situation, probably due to the bad taste from the
Imail ICS fiasco. I'm convinced that Declude is trying to do the right
thing for the product and especially for their existing customer base.
It is a good thing.

You may have noticed that we have been invited multiple times to call
them on the telephone to get our questions answered.  I'd suggest that
there is more mileage in doing just that, than there is in feeding the
list with speculation, hyperbole and self-indulging dissertations
about how you'd run their company, product and how much smarter you
are . . .

----